[Magdalen] Speaking of money

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:17:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have separate accounts. I pay the monthly cell phone bill and he pays
> other utilities. In addition, I give him a set, agreed-on amount on the
> first of the month to help with other expenses (he knows how much I receive
> from SS and the late ex's pension). Works for us.

I may just lay out a typical recent month to show what comes in and
what went out. Keeping it in categories rather than all the details
behind them may help. And I'll need to go through it with him. I'd be
fine with someone just handing me the info and I would peruse it and
get a lot out of it, but he doesn't. I see it as just facts and
realities, but he attaches a lot of emotion to monetary info.

Dividing up the bills would be great if we each had an income. I
remember that...it's how we could afford to live downtown. We're still
not paying what we paid for the downtown place, even after 10+ years
of rent increases up here on the far north side.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA