[Magdalen] Kim Davis ordered to jail.

H Angus hangus at ctcn.net
Thu Sep 3 22:13:01 UTC 2015

I can't agree with the attitudes of disdain here for Kim Davis. I am in favor of gay rights, but this action on the part of the gay couple was unnecessary -- they could have been married anyplace else in the US. In any case, I do think Ms. Davis should just resign her job, but I don't blame her for doing what her conscience says is right.

I'm not going to play "dueling scriptures," but since I have myself broken the law for the sake of conscience, I can't really agree that God and the State are precisely of equal authority when it comes to decisions of right and wrong.