[Magdalen] Kim Davis ordered to jail.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Sep 4 00:35:22 UTC 2015

From: H Angus

>I'm not going to play "dueling scriptures," but since I have myself broken the
>law for the sake of conscience, I can't really agree that God and the State are
> >precisely of equal authority when it comes to decisions of right and wrong.

Good thing with a woman who so believes in traditional marriage that she's on
her fourth husband. Dueling scriptures indeed!

And of course, there's the Quaker clerk who refuses to issue gun permits for
religious reasons, and the teetotaler who refuses to sign off on a state liquor
license and the folk who believe Black people are the "Sons of Ham" so don’t
have any rights at all.

Gotta love that freedom of conscience stuff -- especially when she's going to
jail for defying a court order, and not her religious beliefs that she's free to
hold.

Cheers,
Jim