[Magdalen] Kim Davis ordered to jail.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 04:01:21 UTC 2015

Up here in these parts, i think the state Supreme Court is in charge of all the county and district courts. Our counties are typically local agents of the state, with some exceptions. In Chicago, our municipal government is practically a county unto itself but there are still some things the county provides including some hospitals, some sheriff functions (if you're to be evicted from your home or leased business space, this is done by the county's "sheriff's police"...a unique Chicago phrase that seems redundant to me.

I've sometimes referred to our city as a "crown principality" or, when the mayor or an alderman is being ridiculous, a "clown principality."

Sent from my iPad