[Magdalen] Priest in Charge.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 19:33:59 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/4/2015 2:53:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Why so  many churches within walking distance--are they all  full?>>>>

When I lived in Saint Paul, MN during my residency years at
UM-Minneapolis, there were five Episcopal churches strung out
along the five mile stretch of Summit Avenue.

Then I-35E took Christ Church, a stone gothic structure at the
edge of downtown, and at Easter this year, my parish, Saint Paul's
on-the-Hill closed due to declining membership and poor leadership.

So there remain St. John the Evangelist, Saint Clement's and
Saint Mary's.

In addition, two of the three RC churches along the same stretch
have closed, merging with other neighborhood parishes.

David Strang.