[Magdalen] Kim Davis ordered to jail.

Susan Hutchinson shutchinsonca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:04:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-04, at 3:30 AM, Roger Stokes wrote:

> Purging the records is a problem, and probably not just in your county.  Over here the Electoral Register is compiled each year, starting with a form sent to each household.  The system has changed in the past couple of years but not that significantly as far as I can tell, at least for the initial stage.  The head of household signs to say who living there is entitled to vote and returns the form in a pre-paid envelope - or does it on line as I did last week.
>
> The form includes the names of those on the previous register so if there are no changes then that is simple.  If someone has died or moved out then their details are removed and new voters' details are added.

Here in Canada the federal electoral register is maintained by a box on your federal tax return (which for all provinces except Quebec, includes your provincial tax return as well). You tick the box that you are entitled to vote and your name goes on the electoral register. It keeps it pretty up to date for most people as even those with very low incomes or on welfare get a basic $75 tax rebate as long as they file. Changes can be done online and at the returning office during a writ period.

blessings
Susan

The Rev. Susan Hutchinson
604-319-7148