[Magdalen] Worship leader

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 16:17:54 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/7/2015 10:51:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

At my  parish in Mass., we often have Morning Prayer when the rector is on
vacation. On those occasions, we have two of our regular LEM's lead the
service. We're only licensed as chalice bearers - whether that's strictly
"legal" or not, I don't know, but that's what we  do.>>>>>>

I think it's legal, though some dioceses require a license from the
bishop for sermonizing.  In the Diocese of Eau Claire even a
licensed layreader could read an approved sermon.  There were
no sermons composed by layreaders.

This talk of Morning Prayer reminds me of its nickname in some high
church locations during the liturgy wars of the 1970's and 1980's:

"Moaning Prayer".

David Strang.