[Magdalen] In the jungle

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 20:47:40 UTC 2015

Was in MI the last 2 weeks of August. Mostly visiting "up north" - what downstaters call points more than an hour or so north of where they live. ( yes I did have a culture clash when I moved to TX and discovered that phrase was a near-epithet here. LOL)
I visited areas on both NE and NW sides of the upper lower peninsula that had been drastically affected by a terrible hail storm in late July. Massive tree destruction. 1,000s of trees lost. Some entire stands planted with pine for future lumber harvesting were bent over as though one was looking at a field of wheat, temporary bent on a strong breeze. Unbelievable. Other stands were reduced to a pile of broke off trunks strewn like gigantic pick up sticks

Lynn

Sent from my iPhone