[Magdalen] Worship leader

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 04:01:29 UTC 2015

​

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 11:11 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> In my experience, the bishop is not only aware of which candidates a
> parish is considering throughout the search process but also is the
> gatekeeper

In this day and age, maybe, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's not that
way in some dioceses.  Anyway, the two were essentially identified by the
parish and then a call was made to New York, "This is whom we're calling."

Both men were excellent, which probably made a difference, and neither was
stepping directly into the position of rector from being the assistant.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
​