[Magdalen] pencils

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 15:14:01 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/8/2015 9:03:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

My chief  memory of kindergarten back in >>>>>>

Back in the olden days, my home village in NW Wisconsin did
not have a kindergarten.  It was felt to be unnecessary  fussiness.

However, my mother developed "female" problems (prolapse)
with many complications requiring the long hospitalizations and
recovery periods typical for the day.

I was therefore shipped off to my Godmother Gladys' home in
Superior, Wisconsin where I attended the nearest gradeschool
kindergarten for almost a year, and then again spent much of
my fourth grade year there.

The school was the "laboratory school" for then Superior Teachers'
College (now UW-Superior).  All I remember about kindergarten  was
learning to read, and the midmorning and midafternoon naps followed
by milk and graham crackers.

I was far ahead of my classmates during first grade in my home  village
school, thanks to kindergarten.

David Strang.