[Magdalen] Hillary

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Wed Sep 9 03:21:59 UTC 2015

I don't vote for any particular party. I've voted for candidates from both major parties, and some of the smaller ones. I vote for individuals. Candidates have to earn my vote, every time they run. I study a lot before elections; I make spreadsheets showing where I agree with one candidate or another.

One of my abiding principles is that I always vote against the incumbent. I don't want professional politicians making decisions effecting me. I look for people who boast practical, real world, experience, people who look at political office as an interlude in their lives before they return to useful, productive work.

My worst case presidential scenario for 2016 would be Hillary running against The Donald. For so many reasons (most importantly, that I don't trust either if them), I'd have to go 3rd party. Too bad we don't have "None of The Above" as a ballot choice.

Arthur