[Magdalen] Loaned out

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:27:56 UTC 2015

Difficult position Scott. When I have lent money, I do not 'repeat lend'
until the first debt has been fulfilled. The way I look at this, is that I
am  not adding to the person's dilemma by facilitating them going into
further debt, regardless the source of the loan. I believe this is also part
of the responsibility to others aspect of what you have written about. I do
not consider it to be my personal judgment against the person's inability to
repay.

Our Christian responsibility falls short of the life decisions of St.
Francis, I believe. His was an extreme act of charity. In that I mean, we
are not all called in that way. What we can do for others takes many
different paths, only one of which would be loaning/giving money. I believe
we are also called to be good stewards of what we are capable of giving
away, and how we do so.

peace
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com