[Magdalen] Supertasters and random quiz

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 00:22:27 UTC 2015

There are some ingredients that enhance umami. Soy sauce, of course.
Worcestershire sauce (which IIRC has its basis in British India).
And my personal favorite, fish sauce.

I'm not particularly sensitive to bad-smelling stuff, but fish sauce (made
from salted anchovies left in a barrel until they rot before the juice is
pressed out) smells so bad I have to wash my hands after I touch the bottle.

However: a couple of teaspoons added to a pot of soup just at the end of
cooking takes the soup from yummy to WOW.
-M