[Magdalen] Supertasters and random quiz

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 00:02:51 UTC 2015

I think I must be a supertaster. I don't have any blue food coloring around
to do Sally's test though, because we've pretty much sworn off those kinds
of things. My one problem recently is that I used to love really spicy
foods and my tolerance for extreme heat has gone down a bit.The other night
I made stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapeños and I happened on one of them that
was so hot it absolutely set my mouth on fire, to the point where an entire
glass of milk followed by an entire glass of water and the rest of my hard
cider had to be employed to shut down the heat. I couldn't eat any more
stuffed jalapeños after that :-( and my mouth burned for at least an hour.
That was one hot pepper!