[Magdalen] Hit and Run Devotion?

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Mon Sep 14 01:38:57 UTC 2015

Here on the US East Coast, kids and other folks wear rosaries and crucifixes (though more usually, crosses) as fashion accessories, not as statements of religious faith. This jewelry is usually pretty flashy, and always worn outside the clothes.

(I had a friend when I was young, who wore a rosary around his neck. Under his shirt, not outside his clothes. He often prayed the rosary in private; wearing it around his neck was the best way he'd figured out to always have his rosary conveniently close.)

Arthur