[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:09:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember Scott reporting that he fired the OCM, which may have been one
> thing inspiring the mutiny. I don't recall the other things.

This, involving two separate people (organist and choirmaster), plus
the parish administrator, has been at the core of the opposition
group's grievances. What helped this snowball was the formation of a
Save Ascension group, with weekly email blast, that in my opinion
turned into a grievance machine that needed weekly feeding, with more
complaints about liturgical changes and disagreements from vestry
meetings. It also took on a good bit of conspiracy theory and
projection of motives. All quite regrettable, and in the end,
impossible to quell.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA