[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Susan Hutchinson shutchinsonca at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:37:27 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-14, at 11:09 AM, Scott Knitter wrote:

> This, involving two separate people (organist and choirmaster), plus
> the parish administrator, has been at the core of the opposition
> group's grievances. What helped this snowball was the formation of a
> Save Ascension group, with weekly email blast, that in my opinion
> turned into a grievance machine that needed weekly feeding, with more
> complaints about liturgical changes and disagreements from vestry
> meetings. It also took on a good bit of conspiracy theory and
> projection of motives. All quite regrettable, and in the end,
> impossible to quell.

Been there, done that and have the tear-stained t-shirt for this, Scott. I am praying for your priest and for your community (including you!). People seem to play out their worst selves in these kind of dramas. In the end, the only thing the rector can do to save their own sanity is to leave. I hope the bishop is well aware of the nonsense.

love and blessings
Susan

The Rev. Susan Hutchinson
604-319-7148