[Magdalen] Hit and Run Devotion?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 18:54:32 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/14/2015 11:57:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

heard  them talking and wondered, "Who comes into a quiet church to
gab?" Then I  realized they were praying the Rosary in  Spanish.>>>>>>>

About 1947, one of my uncles died.  He had been married for more
than 20 years to a Roman Catholic at a time when it was shocking for
Protestants (he was a Lutheran) to marry Catholics.

After a long while going to separate churches, my uncle converted,
causing another shockwave.  I was first introduced to the Rosary  during
his wake, and as a small town Methodist, I was astounded with the
nasal chanting and clanking of beads associated.  I couldn't have  been
more dumbfounded by a Martian liturgy.

David Strang.