[Magdalen] Hit and Run Devotion?

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:31:59 UTC 2015

>From the time I was a child up well into my 30s the communal recitation of
the rosary was a seeming 'Borg like' rendition (star trek reference) to me
and something I 'left' when I left the RC church.  It was not until I began
to understand the meditative (in heart/spirit) nature of the very aspects
that befuddled me, that I began to see *how* that facet of rosary praying
had such a niche in one's prayer life.

My grandmother prayed the rosary daily, one time for each of her children
and their families, and the families of the great-greats when they came
along.  She was a French Canadian RC and I understand from friends in that
part of the country and ours (New England states, where many settled) that
their brand of RC ran deep.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck