[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:48:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Susan Hutchinson
<shutchinsonca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Been there, done that and have the tear-stained t-shirt for this, Scott. I am praying for your priest and for your community (including you!). People seem to play out their worst selves in these kind of dramas. In the end, the only thing the rector can do to save their own sanity is to leave. I hope the bishop is well aware of the nonsense.

Thank you! Yes, the bishop has been involved and informed in all of
this. It will be very interesting to see where our parish goes now:
1. If the Save Ascension group really wins, the former staff members
would be reinstated and there would be a new rector who agrees not to
change a thing.
2. The new rector could turn out to be OK with #1 but then be
ultra-right-Anglo-Catholic (Forward in Faith, perhaps) and walk the
parish backward on same-sex issues.
3. The bishop could somehow turn the parish in a radical new
direction, which would probably empty the place and bring in new
people.
4. Who knows what else...

--
Scott R. Knitter