[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:53:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...maybe the biggest question in this dilemma is whether your church is
> growing at all...

We've been getting some new people, which is always great to see
happening, but of course have lost some; a longtime acolyte colleague
apparently has left for a parish in the western suburbs closer to
home, even though his partner is still with our parish and is on the
vestry. Don't know whether Save Ascension folks will start showing up
again; a few have been attending all along but many not; some may have
left for good. Attendance is down but hasn't been tremendous the past
few years anyway: 90 on Sundays seems about average.

And all this turmoil is coming to a head just when we would hope to
see an autumn influx of folks new in town, some students; the choir
returns at the end of the month and Sunday School starts back up.
We'll see. Maybe we'll do better than I think, but it all feels up in
the air.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA