[Magdalen] immigration / migrant situation --->Re: Professional panhandlers; was Loaned out.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 14 23:42:47 UTC 2015

On 14/09/2015 19:07, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> From: "Jay Weigel" <jay.weigel at gmail.com>
>> There was no Al Qaeda or ISIS/Daesh in Iraq before we stuck our meddling
>> hands in there and toppled Saddam.
>
> AlQ grew up because of the way we abandoned our 'inside people' during
> desert storm who were in turn tortured and hunted down by Sadam's regime.
> Not going to Bagdad might not have been the worst thing that did not
> get done when Desert storm ended.

The coalition that fought Desert Storm was predicated on getting Iraqi
forces out of Kuwait and restoring that country's territorial
integrity.  Had the assault not stopped at the Iraqi border then that
very broad coalition would have been lost,a breadth which was important
to the operation's justification in international law.

Roger