[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 03:56:02 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/14/2015 6:18:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

One  of the realities in an urban setting with lots of TEC parishes is the
need
for "Product  Differentiation">>>>>>>

It didn't work in the Twin Cities.  My parish there was prior to  the
liturgy wars of the 70's, the ONLY high church Eucharistic parish.

Then every parish in the area went Eucharistic, maybe not with the
smells and bells, but close enough with the essentials.

The far-flung community that would travel an hour or longer to reach
my home parish stopped making the effort.

My old Saint Paul parish closed Easter Sunday this year.

David Strang.