[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 04:06:09 UTC 2015

It's probably not completely understood here that Ascension, Chicago,
is one of the famous flagship Anglocatholic parishes.  It is not just  your
average neighborhood Episcopal church.  It is an example of the  highest
liturgical and musical sophistication, and many of us look at the  Sunday
music/liturgy program, shake our heads in disbelief and drool.

Every ECUSA parish is not going to be able or even want to be part of
such a sceptered-sway, but there is a lot to be learned from this type  of
special parish.

The idea that we would lose such a gem is intolerable.

David Strang.