[Magdalen] A little parish in the shadow of the Empire Sta

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 17:30:15 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/16/2015 12:07:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
romanos at mindspring.com writes:

I have a  gay friend in New York, and he was always singing the praises of
Cardinal  O'Connor>>>>>>

Not so in the Diocese of Scranton where he was +Scranton for just one
year before his elevation to ++New York.

Several priests have indicated to me that although he was apparently an
excellent fit for ++New York, he wasn't as +Scranton.  Problems, as  I
recall were lack of administrative expertise, but also problems as
"Pastor Pastorum"

It was because of general Scranton unhappiness that a local boy,
+Timlin was then consecrated +Scranton.  He was, maybe in the  rebound,
wildly popular, even with the non-Catholic Christians.  For  example,
he was a fixture in lead convertibles of the various regional  parades.
He was always given the place of honor in ecumenical events, and
looked upon as the chief clergyman of NE Pennsylvania.

And I suppose he was.

Now as to his attitude towards the glbt community, I don't know.

David Strang.