[Magdalen] The end of the Anglican Communion??

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 16 20:47:12 UTC 2015

On 16/09/2015 19:44, ME Michaud wrote:
> Two comments:
>
> I'll be interested to read more coverage. Don't always tremble with
> admiration at the Guardian.
>
> And does this give comfort or dash the hopes of the breakaways who have
> claimed soon to be recognized as legit by Canterbury? Does it matter?

The fact that ACNA has been invited to have an observer at the Primates
Meeting might be seen as giving them hope, but I am not sure how
well-founded that hope would be.  I think being in communion with
Canterbury would need to go through the C/E General Synod, and I would
expect a lot of opposition there. I would also expect there to be a
requirement to recogbize TEC as legitimately part of the Anglican
Communion and the real continuing Anglican entity in the USA, and the
same for the Anglican Church inb Canada. Would they sign up to that?

Roger