[Magdalen] immigration / migrant situation --->Re: Professionalpanhandle...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 16 21:58:09 UTC 2015

On 16/09/2015 22:19, Marion Thompson wrote:
> The priest would run a hospital for sick souls.  Probably many more
> than one on board, if they felt troubled enough to go to the 'infirmary'.

A while back I saw a sewries about a ship on a round the world cruise
which included the Chaplain.  Watching that was quite enough to put me
off the idea of that sort of role.  There are always some people who
will seek out a cleric and expect a warm welcome and an open ear.  Like
others here I prefer time to be on my own and not be sociable with
people I barely know, if that, several times a day at meals.

Roger