[Magdalen] Nadia Bolz-Weber

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 17 23:03:12 UTC 2015

On 17/09/2015 21:57, ME Michaud wrote:
> I love my language, our beautiful native English,
> but I hate the fact that the singular you and the plural you
> are so easily confused :-(

Do we need to go back to "thou" and "ye"?  The laugh in that is that
some regard addressing God as "thou" is more respectful than saying
"you", totally missing the fact that using the second person singular
(thou) is unambiguously more intimate, the way you would address a child
or close family member whereas you would use the plural form (ye) for a
superordinate.

Roger