[Magdalen] Tooth prayers again

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Fri Sep 18 00:45:18 UTC 2015

<...I also use nitrous and that's happened a few times with me - I always
thought that *maybe* the valve was opened just a little too much...

For me, there's no such thing as "too much" Nitrous Oxide! Ha Ha Ha  When I'm in a dentist's chair, a little spacey, alternate reality is great. I love counting the spots on ceiling tiles.

<...The nitrous worked very well though I had a strange experience of drifting into a dream like other scene or story, not an especially pleasant one but nothing to do with the surgery...

I think it's sort of like LSD, in that your brain goes further down the road where it was when you went under. I usually have god thoughts, and the assistants and surgeon always encourage me, telling me how I won't feel any pain, and will enjoy the procedure. And, with Nitrous, it IS kind of fun. I love trying to figure out what all the medico-dental lingo means.

Good luck on your recovery.

Arthur