[Magdalen] For Jon and Jay

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 18 22:29:28 UTC 2015

On 18/09/2015 21:39, Jon Egger wrote:
> Thank you, Sibyl.  I had to google the name of the nurse to find out why
> she was so berated.
> Ohh, Miss America.
>
> The nurse was young, and is still learning...about life and nursing. The
> longer she works she will learn so much about her skills. When she spoke of
> things happening where she's 'just a nurse" I  wanted to give her some
> advice: "If you care about your patients, young lady, you aren't just a
> nurse because in those moments you became the patient's advocate.

Nurses are the ones best placed to know how a patient is.  They are the
ones with the best information.  Since any morbidity records are linked
to doctors rather than nurses the nurse has no reason to talk up chances
of recovery and also has better contact with friends and relatives.  I
value nirses, and they are better at giving injections as well.

Roger