[Magdalen] Work prayer request.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 19 06:32:11 UTC 2015

My co-worker and lead worker today interviewed to become not just my lead worker but my supervisor as well.  At least some might recall that recently we had our first and hopefully only "difficult moment".  I honestly fear more of those "moments" could be coming.  I pray I'm wrong, and based on her reformation following that moment (stereotypical non-apology, but everything's okay), it's entirely possible she's already decided she'll work well with me.  (Will she get the job?  Yes.  Leave it at that.)  But before she went into the interview, she talked about her ability to balance the positive and negative sides of supervising.  The negative side she callled "demanding".  I encouraged her to use a different word.  She (admittedly in the throes of worrying about the impending interview) didn't seem to get my point.  I wanted to say, "Recently, when you chewed me a new asshole?  That was unacceptably 'demanding'.  Please know, you will NOT get away with that again."  Like I said, I wanted to say that.  I of course didn't.  What doesn't help is that I'm more than ten years her elder, and I'm afraid I will be treated with respect, or else.  If not, the Union will come a knockin'.

I really don't think things will go bad.  But I'm honestly afraid.  I don't wake up each morning to be treated like shit, other than by Life.  Life, basically, I can't control.  And Life does indeed treat me like shit.  But my workplace?  Oh, yes, I can control that.  And I will.  And I don't want to.

Please pray for overall peace.