[Magdalen] health insurance

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sat Sep 19 22:18:17 UTC 2015

On 9/18/15 6:55 PM, ME Michaud wrote:
> Before I went on Medicare I paid $895.97 per month.
> And, except for the $6800 hospitalization deductible,
> the coverage was essentially the same.
> -M
>

>> $104.90 per month. Horrors!
>>>
>>> All hospitalizations after the first $6800 covered entirely. Horrors!

Before I (was forced) on Medicare, I paid nothing per month for health
insurance, and paid my medical bills out of pocket.  Everything was
covered.  At one point, I had one job where medical insurance was
available, which I didn't take them up on.  What I'd have had to pay for
it, for a woman of my (then) age, would have been more than I took home
with my paycheck, and "mental" wasn't covered at all.  My medical bills
at that time were mostly the prescriptions (getting them written) and
the antidepressant drugs for Clinical Depression, aka "Mental".

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net