[Magdalen] Interesting Funeral

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 19:13:33 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/21/2015 12:48:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

The  Lutheran church I attend is middle to low church, German in
tradition.>>>>>

I've mentioned before that Eau Claire, Wisconsin, where I lived for
nearly 20 years, is the epicenter for USA Lutheran synods.

All of the following were represented by parishes in that City:

(1) WELS - Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.

(2) LCMS - Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.

(3) CLC - Church of the Lutheran Confession.

(4) CLB - Church of the Lutheran Brethren.

(5) ELS - Evangelical Lutheran Synod.

(6) ELCA - Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.

In addition, there is now a splinter or two off the ELCA secondary to
doctrinal disputes very much like those in TEC.  They worship in
empty former grocery stores in two locations.

The first three are German in origin.  The second three are  mostly
Scandinavian in origin (ELCA contains some former German Lutherans).

All but the ELCA are conservative.  My namesake and god-child and his  wife,
a delightful couple, have recently joined the very large and active  CLB
parish in Eau Claire, and all communication with them seems gone.   I
think they have been convinced we're living in sin, and going  straight
to hell.  It's sad.  I sang at their wedding.

C'est dommage!

David Strang.