[Magdalen] Monterey fire?

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Tue Sep 22 14:14:56 UTC 2015

I had a student many years ago who did not have the best command of English (she was Hispanic).  When studying trees of a particular region, she mentioned Pinus ponderosa.  Unfortunately, she pronounced the ‘i’ in Pinus as she would in Spanish, resulting in what sounded like Penis ponderosa.  Happily, everyone in the class seemed to understand and no one laughed.

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net