[Magdalen] Monterey fire?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 17:52:25 UTC 2015

​Our summer color is provided by Japanese plum and Japanese maples​
(horrors! imports!) and our "Forest Pansy" variety of redbud. We have black
walnuts on our property and Japanese maples are supposed to be immune to
them; however, we have found that they are not, and we think the reason is
that the Japanese maples are grafted onto regular maple rootstock, which
isn't in the least immune to juglone, the black walnut poison.