[Magdalen] Butterfly Grove Motel

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 25 18:32:13 UTC 2015

>>>Although I now use gmail as my primary e'addy, my mail usually gets read
through my 'windows  live mail' feature, so I'm spared *seeing* the adverts,
but I don't harbor any illusions that gmail is reading EVERYTHING....<<<

Since I do my email as webmail through the EarthLink site(*), EL pays very close attention to every commercial website I visit and throws up rather blatant ads literally seconds after.  I go to www.govmint.com for my coin collecting interests, bingo, ads are there, sometimes three deep.(**)  I look at stuff at Amazon, bingo, same thing -- literally the exact items I'd just looked at.  Doesn't bother me, really.  It's more funny than anything, I think.

( * EarthLink auto-corrected "Earthlink" to "EarthLink" !! )
( ** PS re ads:  I now pay $0.99/mo for ad-free webmail.  On the webmail only, mind you; when I click on AP links, THOSE have ads. )