[Magdalen] Uff-da meets Ei Yi Yi Yi.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 00:19:30 UTC 2015

Our new supply of potato lefse arrived today.  Much of it goes into  the
freezer, but there is always a package in the refrigerator.  It will  last
us
about six months.

My spouse has found that he prefers the letse, a soft, Norwegian flat
potato bread, to the usual corn tortillas in making his Cruzian  dishes.
He's got his whole family converted to using lefse.  Cruzian = St.  Croix.

Who would ever predict the interchangeability of Norwegian lefse and
Caribbean tortillas?

When there were still local Upper Midwestern steak houses (now nearly
all closed and replaced by bland chain restaurants) serving lefse  with
restaurant meals was common.  We always had some lefse on hand when
we lived in Wisconsin.

https://www.lefse.com/

David Strang.