[Magdalen] profiles in courage

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:10:03 UTC 2015

My granddaughter has an essay to write for AP English.  It will be entered
in a national contest at JFK library.  She asked me to suggest a politician
for her who meets the following criteria.

   -  The official must have been elected and served during or after 1956.
   - The elected official can be from state, local, or national level, but
   cannot be a well known story.
   - Must have shown an act of political courage.
   - Preferably Democratic
   - Here is the website, jfklibrary.org, the elected official also cannot
   be one of the past winners they are on this website.

Any suggestions from here?  I suggested Ann  Richards and a county clerk
from Muskegon County.
--
Judy Fleener, ObJN
Western Michigan