[Magdalen] PB statement after investigation

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:06:48 UTC 2016

I had read his letter just before I saw your post, and I have to say I thought it was brilliant. I didn't find it opaque; rather, details of the misconduct of the two people terminated probably weren't spelled out in order to protect the privacy of others. And he distinguished between the nature of the findings regarding those two people and those regarding Sauls.

Most of all, though, I was impressed by the overall tone of the letter, the way in which he spelled out how he plans to move forward, and his clear commitment to making sure that the culture of the Episcopal Church is reflective of the Gospel and of the "Jesus Movement," as he looked to call it.

I couldn't help thinking that if he had been PB a couple of years earlier, the mess at GTS and with Heather Cook in the Diocese of Maryland would have turned out very differently.