[Magdalen] WTPho?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 20:10:22 UTC 2016

In a message dated 4/6/2016 3:20:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Hottest  food I've ever tasted was Thai. I ordered something "mild,"
and they asked  if I'd ever had it before. This dish's "mild" was
"fiery hot" anywhere  else. I thought my hair was on fire. An
interesting experience, but not  very satisfying in terms of just
having  lunch!>>>>>>>>>

I was present at a wedding rehearsal dinner where the groom's father
and mother had just returned from 5 years with the US State  Department
in Bangkok.  They picked their favorite Washington, DC Thai  restaurant
for this dinner, and it was foisted on the relatively unsuspecting  diners.

This began with one of those lethal soups, and it went downhill from
there.  Most of the diners could not eat most of the food which had  been
preordered by the groom's parents.  I don't know what they could  have
been thinking.  The nice lady sitting next to me took one spoonful  of
her soup and spit it out all over her face, neck, and dress.

It was an interesting evening.

David Strang.