[Magdalen] Whole Foods wins !!!

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:50:46 UTC 2016

The nearest Trader Joe's is in Charlottesville, 70-something miles away. It
is, of course, a university town that takes itself very seriously. I think
they also have a Whole Paycheck but you'd have to ask Grace, she lives
closer than I do. We get to C'ville 3 or 4 times a year and it's usually a
wine-buying expedition to TJ's. Waynesboro, about 50 miles or so away, has
an Aldi's. I don't know how they rate one! Meanwhile, up here in
Harrisonburg, with a university of 20K, we can't get a TJ's, an Aldi's, a
Whole Paycheck, or even a proper *participatory* co-op. What the hell?