[Magdalen] Whole Foods wins !!!

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 22:46:34 UTC 2016

~smdh~ Well, to each his own.

I still don't understand why we don't even rate an Aldi's here, let alone a
TJ's. For overpriced, we have Martin's, which to their credit has (here,
anyway) a pretty decent bulk food and organic/natural foods department, but
Martin's has recently been bought by Food Lion, and I understand that in
Richmond, at least, that means all the Martin's stores, which were formerly
Ukrop's, are closing. I have no idea what it  means here, since we didn't
have Ukrop's. If Martin's closes, we will be up that proverbial
estuary....there is a Kroger, which is okay and has a decent produce
department, but their natural/organic department is barely adequate. Nobody
else except Friendly City Co-op has a bulk foods department, and theirs is
horrendously overpriced, although they do carry stuff nobody else does.
Costco is carrying more and more organic stuff, though in pretty large
quantity, but the prices are good.