[Magdalen] Starbucks memory - was Whole Foods wins !!!

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 22:57:55 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 5:42 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon <mjl at ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

> Speaking of coffee (and Starbucks was recently mentioned), I'll never
> forget the very first time I entered what at the time was the only
> Starbucks in Salinas -- early 2003.  I walked in, ordered (of course) a
> "large", and desired that it be "French roast".

When we were living in Heidelberg in the early 70's; one of the perks was
being able to request a ration card from the French liaison officer. There
was a small French Caserne in Speyer, maybe 30 miles away. Their PX was
about the size of a 7/11 - but fresh bread daily, excellent wines at a very
low price, and coffee. The line they carried was Legal Or (gold label). I
barely contained myself when I read the motto on the bottom of the bag "bon
jus'qua la dernier gout" (pardon my spelling, it's been a few years; "good
to the last drop" and the brand was G F France). It was a long sight better
than Maxwell House.

P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted

Virus-free.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>