[Magdalen] Name for RC communion request?j

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Apr 8 11:36:16 UTC 2016

In a message dated 4/8/2016 4:17:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
allanc25 at gmail.com writes:

Poor  Jesus, neither baptized nor confirmed in the RC Church. He may be
God, but  can't take communion.>>>>

I believe that the rule is that under extraordinary circumstances,
right to communion can be granted.  That doesn't mean that at  the
parochial level, some priest may not attempt rigid conformity to
the no communion for non RC's rule.  Joe Cirou may wish to  comment
on this, but I think most reasonable RC priests, even in this  conservative
area, would allow communion.

All baptisms in the name of the Trinity are recognized by the RCC.
Confirmation here, I think, has no bearing and wouldn't enter into  the
discussion.

It comes as a surprise to Anglicans sometimes, but the RCC views
communion as a badge of unity, but not so much with each other as  with
the Bishop of Rome.

The Eucharist is, really, the Great Sacrament of Disunity viewed from
an ecumenical point of view.

David Strang.