[Magdalen] Whole Foods wins !!!

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:07:20 UTC 2016

Regarding Aldi - the 'off brands' are actually mostly their brands which is why their prices are low. The .25 deposit on carts is refundable when you put the carts back but two pain in the butt extra steps in the shopping trip IMO. I sometimes go there to buy specials mostly frozen meat or fish which they are frequently under stocked on and up until recently they only took cash which I rarely have.

I'm in grocery store heaven with all manner of the chain stores less than 3-4 miles away and sometimes more than one - 3 Krogers, 4 Walmarts (rarely grocery shop there) 3 HEB a huge TX chain out of SanAntonio (started by an Episcopalian and very generou$ to the church) and even 2 Aldis now plus other smaller regional and local chain endeavors.

It does make it easier on the food budget to be able to easily shop around selectively.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone