[Magdalen] Whole Foods wins !!!

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:50:58 UTC 2016

Given my moving food allergies, it's fun to get to Whole Paycheck or
Trader Joes once in a while. No matter where I am, I'm the one
standing in the aisle reading ingredients on every label.

Almost all processed food is verboten now, and new allergies to sesame
seeds, oats, rye and barley limits things further. It's annoying to
have food allergies, but totally worth it to pay attention. The
alternative is ... exceedingly unpleasant (in some cases, life
threatening).

A CSA membership (fruits & veggies) and the local grass-fed domestic
animal farms (chickens, sheep, pigs, beef) are life-savers! The local
gluten-free bakery has a couple of treats I can still eat (bagels and
gluten-free, dairy-free cookies). I've finally figured out how to make
low allergen chocolate "bars"! Add local eggs and dried
fruits/veggies, and it's food heaven.

hugs - Cady