[Magdalen] An interesting medical bill breakdown.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 9 16:42:06 UTC 2016

>>>Wow. My beloved gets an infusion every two weeks that would cost (if out of
pocket) $20,000. Really? What rate does the insurance company negotiate?
(TBTG) for insurance.<<<

My Blue Cross contract is an 80/20 one, with certain individual items with their own negotiated rates, etc.  I don't pretend to understand it at all, I just know my union (SEIU) makes sure I have good insurance.  (At 50 years of age, I'm now fairly certain I'll never be debt-free ever again, but that's okay, thanks to zero-percent credit cards -- "self-consolidation", I call it).  Out of ~$15k, I paid only $1000, roughly 6.5%  I only just now calculated that.  Such... a... deal.