[Magdalen] Cremation (was A good idea?)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 17:06:49 UTC 2016

In a message dated 4/24/2016 12:15:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

I really  never thought about anything but cremation, because

The wish of my mother's, to be scattered on Big Wood Lake, Burnett
County, Wisconsin where the family spent pleasant summers I did not
honor, and instead interred her ashes next to her brother and sisters
in the family plot in my home-town cemetery.  So bite me.

The family plot has a large, handsome red Saint Cloud, MN granite
stone, personally chosen by my father (he was from Minnesota).   My
father and his first wife who died of ALS are interred just in front of  the
stone as is my younger brother, Paul.  A logical place for my  ashes
would be in this row, but the trouble is, I didn't really like my  brother
Paul, and the feeling was quite mutual.

I therefore have chosen to be buried with my mother and her
beloved sisters.  It is all just a little silly to be concerned
about placement in a cemetery, but it's there, anyway.

David Strang.