[Magdalen] Another prayer request

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:58:48 UTC 2016

One of my three close chums from my former church where I still help
with the food bank has had confirmation of prostate cancer.  It is stage
one or two and he has opted for surgery in June, rather than other
options.  His partner of more than 25 years is a strong silent type and
will be internalizing his obvious concerns.  Some part of the
convalescence will be at my place in Port Hope whenever. Anyway, please
add Glenn and Dean, his partner, also one of the three, to your prayers.

Did I say that Glenn is Mr. Music, _the_ music provider at that troubled
place that has no choir or anything other than Glenn's free-ranging
often-inspired offerings?  Two local churches have said No to any formal
linkage so at best down the road there may be Option C, a part-time
priest.  Incidentally, this last Sunday there was a sub and for a brief
moment order was restored with a familiar way of celebrating and
sensible pauses.  I gather it was balm for the soul.  So on top of
everything, the church now faces a time of the priest leading the hymns
without accompaniment, as happened last summer.  No money in the pot to
pay a sub organist.  It is more than sad to see the place crumbling away
this way.

Marion, a pilgrim