[Magdalen] error

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:29:06 UTC 2016

IMNSHO, it's a medical error on the same scale as a serious medication
error....not quite malpractice, but grounds for some corrective
disciplinary action. The MD in question appears not to have looked at the
name on the chart before speaking to the patient. If s/he was in doubt and
had never seen the patient before, s/he should have addressed the patient
by the name on the CHART.....to which the patient would either respond in
the affirmative, or say, "That's not me!"